Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Unwarranted

When a cop stops you for failing to have a front license plate, expect to get shot. If a cop stops you for a seat belt violation, expect to get shot. Failure to signal will get you a trip to jail and you may never come out alive. Routine traffic stops have never been more dangerous and oddly enough after all the protests in Ferguson and Baltimore, the killing continues. The best part is? We haven't kept track of these statistics since 2009.  Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Freddie Gray, we don't know how many this has happened to. The Guardian began a project called "The Counted" the total is 664. What is so damning about this sorry part of American cop culture is that you would think, with more scrutiny, there would be some sort of training program, something being done to stop this violence before it starts, which leads me to believe it's been going on for so long and this problem is so out of control that no one knows where to start. No one even wants to start.
Where I live, cops are a great revenue stream for the township. I witness people getting pulled over right and left. The beginning and end of the month are always the worst because cops need their quotas. I'm lucky I'm a white lady, but my black friend Kirk isn't so lucky, he's always getting pulled over, for no damn reason.
 There's 365 days in a year and already 664 people are dead.
Now everyone is begging for people to keep calm but the cops don't have to.
When the punishment for not having a front license plate is murder, people tend to feel upset. When the prosecutor calls this murder "senseless" and "asinine" that this police officer shouldn't even be one, well, it doesn't take an algebra major to equate that there's probably thousands more murderers in uniforms pulling people over when their trigger finger feels a little itchy. Worst of all this cop was wearing a cam and it didn't do anything to curtail his murderous nature. Thank God he was wearing one, however, just because there was an indictment doesn't mean there will be a conviction.
In the words of Mr. DuBose in the video, "I didn't even do nothing" doesn't matter, he didn't have a front license plate. I hope my friend Kirk does, he could easily be next.

Good to know, but that didn't stop Mr. Tensing from killing a man, I would really like to know how many of the people these cops murder had a weapon? I am guessing none, or close to none. In that case we should stop arming police officers. But nooo, we can't have that thanks to our insane gun culture. Unwarranted killings will continue and "The Counted" death toll will continue to rise.

3 comments:

  1. That about sums it up! Now they pull you over for the slightest violation, Bland got stopped for not using her turn signal changing lanes, I live in Dallas which is a fairly good size town, but spent time in every major U.S. metro area, where EVERYONE including cops change lanes sometimes without using a turn signal, this cop was just out to make what you call a quota, or what I call a "buck". The prison industry of America is a profiteering racket, those cops at the beginning of the month pull over folks back to back watching for colours on state inspections and registration stickers on windshields in intersections, raking in thousands in a matter of an hour or two during morning rush. As far as the police brutality and excessive force, I blame much of that on this new fad/ culture of corporate extreme greed, who basically are drafting all our legislation and rules for our politicians to pass, while even now they bought the elections to a degree, and are the same ilk pushing for all the austerity and privatization of everything we own. I'll tell you Patricia, and I'll be honest ... when I see these so called riots like in Baltimore ... to me they are past due and justified 110% ... politicians dont do a damn thing, and they dont listen when you only march peacefully, pray and hold hands. BTW ... I seen your site here at "Carolina Parrothead" site, is how I found you.

    Ranch Chimp Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Ranch Chimp and many thanks to my blogger friend, Carolina Parrothead. As for Baltimore, Mr. Martin O'Malley was the Mayor of Baltimore and the Governor of Maryland....What the hell kind of record is he going to run on as a Democratic candidate? it's laughable. I lived in Maryland and visited the city of Baltimore, as my grandfather lived there and I remember how harsh the conditions were there for SOME, but not others. Politicians, as you are aware, aren't doing anything and that will continue whether Hillary or Jeb wins. Thanks for the Dallas low down, sounds not much different from Jersey. As for austerity, if the people in Europe were living under the conditions we are, there would be hell to pay, since they have a much more humane social safety net, including a national healthcare system. Of course, we can't have that here. It's every man for himself. As long as the staus quo remains for the 1%, the rest of us can go pound salt. Thanks for stopping by. Patricia

      Delete
  2. That about sums it up! Now they pull you over for the slightest violation, Bland got stopped for not using her turn signal changing lanes, I live in Dallas which is a fairly good size town, but spent time in every major U.S. metro area, where EVERYONE including cops change lanes sometimes without using a turn signal, this cop was just out to make what you call a quota, or what I call a "buck". The prison industry of America is a profiteering racket, those cops at the beginning of the month pull over folks back to back watching for colours on state inspections and registration stickers on windshields in intersections, raking in thousands in a matter of an hour or two during morning rush. As far as the police brutality and excessive force, I blame much of that on this new fad/ culture of corporate extreme greed, who basically are drafting all our legislation and rules for our politicians to pass, while even now they bought the elections to a degree, and are the same ilk pushing for all the austerity and privatization of everything we own. I'll tell you Patricia, and I'll be honest ... when I see these so called riots like in Baltimore ... to me they are past due and justified 110% ... politicians dont do a damn thing, and they dont listen when you only march peacefully, pray and hold hands. BTW ... I seen your site here at "Carolina Parrothead" site, is how I found you.

    Ranch Chimp Journal

    ReplyDelete