Sunday, September 16, 2012

Go Medieval On It

What is it about religion and hats?
I tried to watch the crappy movie that set off the riots in the Middle East. Oh boy.
Now I understand everything. Watching that movie definitely makes you want to kill someone. They just killed the wrong people, it should have been the guy who made that POS movie. My daughters high school play had better acting and production qualities.
So why?? Why would people get so worked up about this stupidity? I guess one of the things we really don't understand is the desperation of these people. Radical Islamists, are like evangelicals and fanatical about their religion. First there's the poverty and ignorance level. Somewhat like the Tea Party. Or like the morons who stake out a Planned Parenthood clinic and shoot the Doctor. Here's the thing we don't understand about Islam, they WILL die for their religion, not only that but it is enjoyable for them to do so, because they have this great party to go to, with virgins waiting, probably some food, they don't drink so I guess it's alcohol free. My other issue is free time, they must have lots of it. Why is that? Maybe unemployment? I personally, don't have time for crappy movies, and I am such a sinner I don't have time for church either.
The level of rage in the Middle East over a stupid movie some asshole made, is important because, thanks to our ongoing presence there, and after two wars to supposedly make us safe from terrorism, we are in more trouble than ever. Whatever you do, do not make fun of Mohammed.
I know when the movie "Dogma" came out the Catholic League protested, but I don't think anyone died.
I know that fanatics exist in the Catholic church, which is why I hate religious people who wear hats.
This guy gives me the creeps.
"America has long been an enemy to Islam and to Sudan," Sheik Mohammed Jizouly said. Protests against anti-Islam film erupt across Muslim world - NY Daily New
It's not America, it's not Islam, it's these hat wearing religious freaks and the crazy things they say, and then there's the people who actually believe them, all of this goes way back to medieval times, which is where religious freaks feel most at home. I get that things were simpler way back then. Just don't drag the rest of us back.

3 comments:

  1. Guess he's not moving fast enough for them. It's kind of crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think back to the movie, The Last Temptation of Christ and the shitfan that hit the Christian World...including violence. Same tune, different faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaded, you are so right. Forgot about "The Last Temptation of Christ" good point.

    ReplyDelete