Friday, April 22, 2016

"Princeworld"

I got back from my work out and it's so nice out, the birds are singing and spring is in the air. I'm trying to keep my spirits up, even though Prince passed away yesterday. He's only 3 months older than me. That's crazy, like Prince can't die!
 I love this video, check out Dhani Harrison's face watching Prince rock his solo, That's what it's all about.
I guess most of us have a "Prince Memory" I have a few, I used to get my daughter out of bed in the morning with"'Starfish and Coffee" from his Sign O' The Times double album, after my husband had passed away, she didn't want to get up for school and I didn't either. I had to make it bearable, Prince sure did help. It's such a melancholy time of year for me, It will be fifteen years since my husband passed away. He was impossibly young, only 39.
So when I heard about Prince, it's just another thing, that doesn't seem right. Like David Bowie and Allan Rickman, these artists that enriched my world.
I can remember when I was a kid, my Nana would be reading the obituaries and telling my mom all about who had died. So I guess that's where I am now, Lemmy died, Merle Haggard, Maurice White, these people were off the charts with their talent, now it's like a parade of obituaries and it just too much. I've heard of the Ides of March, now it's April too?  I think I can speak for a lot of people, that's enough, let's take a break from all this.
I didn't know Kevin Smith had kind of orbited what's called "Princeworld" But I thought this was kind of funny, just to have a laugh.
Prince, was a visionary, a genius, there's no way he could ever be "normal" (whatever that is) Check out what happens when Kevin Smith wants to ask Prince to allow him to get one of his songs for a soundtrack for his movie, from there things get a little weird.
                                         RIP Prince, thanks for the music and the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment