Sunday, September 24, 2017

Game Of Chicken

The week started out for me watching Ken Burns much hyped The Vietnam War series. All I can say about it is wow. I don't know where Burns has been for the last forty years, but his interpretation of The Vietnam War is so far from reality, I just couldn't stomach it.
I got to the second episode and couldn't take anymore. It's just one big mistake according to him and no mention of the why; the Gulf of Tonkin incident, which we now know did not happen, not the way the propaganda at the time said it happened. It was funded by Bank of America, which I should have known then, what direction this thing was going in.
Not going to watch 18 hours of that drivel. But it's a good job of white washing history, if that's what you like, being told fairy tales and outright lies isn't my thing.
I grew up with that war and it seems to me there has been very little time in my life not living with some fearsome enemy, only now it's on steroids. I can go to bed at night after seeing Kim Jong-un's missile videos, then in the morning, when I get up, Dotard Trump's missile videos and not to be outdone, Iran shows a missile video;


Another video, really?
Seriously, I wonder who else has some footage for another missile video? 
What's going to be the newest Gulf of Tonkin incident, for the next excuse for a war?
 Don't we have enough going on?
From what I understand Puerto Rico has no electricity and a dam that has failed, affecting thousands of people, but what's the big story? 
Trump cussed out a football player and now there's a  big rebellion by the NFL.
 Dotard has NOT been able to do anything since he got elected but tweet. 
It's all a big distraction to cover his fail of an administration. 
I guess that's a good thing.
Then there's the dog and pony show of the repeal and replace or the just repeal and not replace that these criminals in DC keep wasting time on, so they look like they are doing something. 
They don't have the votes, but that doesn't matter, because Lindsey Graham is bad at math, so he's going to try again and probably fail. All of these elected officials are paid handsomely by the health insurance industry. Nothing's going to happen. They should just show us a video of John McCain with his thumbs down vote and save a lot of time and energy.
On Monday, the Senate passed a $700 billion military spending bill. I'll just let that sink in.
I guess we've got to replace all those bombs we've been videoing and dropping on people all over the world. That's what we do. 
You know what we don't do? Medicare for all or free tuition for college. Nope. 
This is why we can't have nice things. 
Then there's rumors of Dotard's tax plan that he'll be making a speech about in Indiana, this week. This plan is supposed to, wait for it..."heavily benefit high income  taxpayers," such a surprise. 
I'm not holding my breath for anything when it comes to the idiots in Washington, but if they can find a way to help their rich benefactors, this might be the only legislature that actually passes, besides the billions of dollars given away, to the black hole that is known as the Pentagon. It's another speech I won't watch, like the one Dotard made at the UN, threatening to annihilate millions of people. 
I guess tomorrow will start another week of MSM propaganda missile videos or Dotard's tweets, so we can get caught up in a massive game of chicken. No thanks. Both of them are Dotards.
                                                  Better get busy on the next video Kim.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Patricia ... I heard briefly about that Vietnam programme, although I didnt get to see it, maybe I'll try to pick up a couple clips of it. I didnt follow much of that when it was going down, I was just a kid, had ambition to want to join the Navy Seabees back then, didnt work out though. Knowing what I do today I probably wouldnt try to join, although we do need military ... I just have a big issue with our occupations and intervention in some of these countries, knowing it's only about business, but I support our vets, many like my niece joined just to get the loans and stuff. My cousin Arty turned junkie from Nam, back in them dayz, there was alot of asian heroin in NY, I mean, it was heavy. But I was too young and dumb to even understand what the war was about (obviously, from wanting to join the Navy). No, I dont see any slack from wars coming any time soon, we are knee deep in so much as it is ... and I feel much of this is to challenge the powers of primarily Russia and China, because of their growth and power, you know China with its business, Russia and energy, etc. This is why we have been supporting these neoliberal policies, privatization, etc, to expand U.S. empire to maintain its dominance, our corporate backers dont like China or Russia much to begin with, because they have governments with too much strength, long story, just my view and opinion though. I just think its a mess, and dont keep up with it all. Yeah, a bunch of fear, personally I dont fear much of it or much of what they push, but I get many do ... I mean, what the worse that can happen to me ... death, poverty?, etc. Telling someone like me that I should fear this and that is kind of pointless I guess. Yes, the $700 defense spending is insanity, you know damn well that is corporate legislated. Perhaps you can see why I hope they dont get a bloody thing done in Washington too, it's alwayz another scam. Back when I was a kid, we had public education for 12 years through high school. So because of the new demands in education, I support government college education strongly, and no, it wouldnt put private colleges out of business, any more than a medicare for all would put all insurance companies out of business ... it's all ridiculous fear that we are told. Have a good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant $700 billion in defense spending

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ranch, like you, I remember Vietnam, very well. But, the reasons behind it and why we were there? I don't remember that ever being discussed. The difference in that time was the draft and actual body bags and wounded men shown on TV, they don'y do that now. I know you meant $700 billion, and they gripe and whine about every other thing, costing way too much money, especially if it's for every day Americans, who's taxes are paying for all the corporate welfare for defense contractors, big oil, I could go on & on. Yes, I agree, these congress criminals won't get a thing done. I guess that;s a good thing, nothing to fear, but plenty to laugh about. It's ridiculous. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete