Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Zingers, A Metaphor For Romney

I wonder how many of these Christie can eat?
Ok, this is really funny. Chris Christie thinks Romney is going to do "extraordinarily well" in the debates. I was working and listening to the radio on my iPod, and laughing at the hilarity of what Christie was saying. Romney has managed to screw up, whether on TV or off.
So, even though it's been a "tough few weeks for Romney" get this, "here's the great news for Republicans, he's going to do extraordinarily well." Christie spouts. The really funny part is that he points out how well Romney did when challenged by Gingrich and Perry. Which makes me wonder how low can you go?  Perry could not name three agencies of the government. Oops! Gingrich is just plain batshit crazy. So how is Romney going to be able to debate a very gifted speaker like President Obama?  Here's how, with a secret weapon known as the "zinger"
"Mr. Romney’s team has concluded that debates are about creating moments and has equipped him with a series of zingers that he has memorized and has been practicing on aides since August. His strategy includes luring the president into appearing smug or evasive about his responsibility for the economy."
That's the strategy. Since Romney has no real platform other than  pleasing the extreme right. He's going to drop his "zingers"  like a "Hail Mary" football play, and come out victorious. As long as he can "create a moment" all will be well. With the amount of moments and zingers he's created during his campaign, he'd do better just to avoid opening his mouth at all.
Jim Lehrer, from PBS is going to moderate, tomorrow night. Great, another boring old white guy. He does great work on PBS, but I would like to see some younger people get a chance, maybe all the disenfranchised younger voters would get more interested. Candy Crowley (the token woman) will also moderate another of the debates, and Bob Schieffer, of Face The Nation, another show that's been on too long with boring old white guys. I am going to try and watch on Wednesday, but to tell the truth, I can't stand watching Romney, although there might be a chance he'll do something freaky like have a tantrum. I kind of doubt it, but he seems to have a low frustration level.
The thing about Zingers is that they are a sugary snack, devoid of any nutrition. Sounds like a perfect metaphor for Romney's lack of substance. Or else it's a reference to Marie Antoinette, "Let them eat cake."

6 comments:

  1. Sorry, just as you, I simply cannot stand the bastard and especially when he opens his arrogant mouth. My blood pressure will not allow me to watch. I truly don't care to hear anything he has to say. If that is narrow-minded, so be it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thus farr R-Money's Zingers have been:

    "I like to fire people who provide me services!"

    "$10,000 bet!"

    "One of [the] most humorous stories I think relates to my father. And as the president of the company he decided to close the factory in Michigan and move all the production to Wisconsin."

    All of his humorous stories are a Romney firing people or lording their wealth over them. And He's given YOU PEOPLE all the tax returns you're going to get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have a properly working B.S. meter. If it's one thing I can't stand it's B.S. When you see Romney speak, there is nothing sincere about him and it shows. YOU are not narrow minded, but he certainly is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gene, it's so true. I hope that the tax returns, will be brought up the way the Republicans kept bringing up the President's birth certificate. Romney is a disaster, I am going to buy a box of Zinger's and throw one at the TV every time he says something stupid. On second thought, I might have to buy two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll probably be working during the debate, so whatever "zingers" occur will have to wait until I turn on the computer the next morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might be better off, Kirk, at least you can fast forward through all the B.S. Lol

    ReplyDelete